Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Personal guidelines and trust

Write down personal guidelines to be clear with yourself about how you treat yourself and how you want others to treat you. Examples are trust, integrity, humor. Define the words you've chosen and and write down how you want them to be or show up in your life. Be clear and dig deep.  This will help you to really know without a doubt why this is important to you, which makes it easier to live your life, your way (not someone elses way.)

For example:
Websters definition of trust = assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something. To rely on the truthfulness of.  BELIEVE

My guideline for trust  =  I trust myself and I choose to have relationships with people I trust.

How I want trust to be or show up in my life:
  •  I practice recognizing and acknowledging myself when I trust my own intuition, decisions, and thoughts. 
  • I learn to see the difference between high quality and low quality thoughts so I learn to trust the high quality thoughts and let the low quality ones go.
  • My words and actions match so I know that I will do what I say I will do and others know this about me too.  This helps me to trust myself and others to trust me too.
  • When I say something, I am clear with my information.  When citing information, I have done my research so I pass on accurate information. 
  • I do my best to know my own feelings and thoughts and can relay them to others with clarity.
  • I am truthful with my words.
I behave in these ways with myself and surround myself with others who live their lives in a similar fashion. 

For those who do not and are in my life or come through my life, I do my best to recognize that they are unconsciously stuck in patterns that hurt them and it is not about me, rather it is their own "stuff" to work through.  I learn to just be a sounding board or mirror for them to see themselves, say a quiet prayer, and let it go. Then I spend as little time as I can with them to protect myself from the negativity. 

It is OK for me to have these boundries or guidelines. And it is OK to speak of them and live them.  That is trusting and honoring myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment