Friday, April 29, 2011

The royal wedding

I am usually not a follower of royalty or celebrities.  However, I occasionally check up on them while perusing magazines when I am at the hair salon. 

This morning, I watched the royal wedding on TV as I had in 1981 when Prince Charles married Princess Diana. I had the time and I was intrigued with how a royal wedding works and I appreciate the beauty and extraodinariness of it all.  I could think of it as out of proportion to the rest of the world, but I prefer to think that it is a grand display of the best of what can be.  This is not to say that simple and ordinary isn't good.  I think it is.  I am saying that I like to see just how extravagant humans can be and the British carry it off well. 

The high standards of the how the Brits behave and the elegance,quality, and tradition is surpassed by none.  The new royal couple act with intergrity, grace, style, and humility, seemingly willing to serve others in their highest capacity as well as maintain a secure sense of self.  They genuinely like and respect each other which perhaps other young couples will emulate. 

I enjoyed a little break from my everyday routine with a display of love and commitment from the young royal couple.  Best wishes William and Kate and thank you for sharing your special time with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment